Please note you will need to submit a cover letter and resume along with your application.
Faith Outreach interns learn about the major faith traditions and their positions on animal welfare issues as well as gain experience and knowledge through work on a variety of projects relating to the engagement of faith leaders on animal protection issues.
Some responsibilities include:
- Assist with a variety of projects relating to the engagement of faith leaders on animal protection issues
- Support HSUS's legislative and policy goals by building coalitions among faith leaders and faith organizations
- Assist with research projects including identifying and reaching out to potential coalition partners for HSUS's campaigns and legislative priorities
- Collect contact information for various religious institutions
- Research faith-based blogs and other media opportunities
- Help with events and promotions including St. Francis Day Blessing of the Animals, Fill the Bowl, and campaign events, as needed
- Assist Faith Outreach efforts in state-wide campaigns
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Able to effectively communicate in written form in a variety of scenarios and outlets, including business forums and promotional writing for social media and the faith outreach newsletter
- Eagerness to learn about a variety of animal protection issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, familiarity with the Internet and online research tools, and general knowledge of social media
- Must be open and willing to engage with a variety of faith communities
Intern is expected to commit to 15-30 hours per week for 10-12 weeks.
This internship is unpaid; however, course credit can be arranged.
Intern must pass a criminal background check and sign a waiver and release of liability. The position is located in our Washington, DC office, LA office or from home.