Support our campaigns from home
Phone banking is an easy, flexible and important way to help animals. Volunteers (click to view expanded position description) place phone calls to supporters and voters around the country to support our legislative priorities and ballot initiatives. Subject matter varies widely, including wildlife protection, animal cruelty legislation, farm animal protection, and companion animal issues. There are volunteer opportunities 7 days a week and time commitment is flexible.
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers strengthen their knowledge of animal protection issues and the legislative process while advancing animal protection priorities.
Becoming a volunteer
Requirements for our volunteers:
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
- Attentive to detail with a commitment to accuracy
- Proficient with computers and familiarity with the Internet
- Able to use good judgment and work well independently with low levels of direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to maintain professionalism
- Willing to take direction from state directors, the Outreach & Engagement department, and/or volunteer leaders and provide updates on activities in a timely and consistent manner
- Three month commitment, on an as-needed basis; ongoing participation is preferred
- Minimum of 1 hour per week, per campaign
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
- Volunteers must have own telephone capable of making long distance calls; calls are non-reimbursable.
- Volunteers must have access to a computer and the ability to login into an online volunteer communication site to receive updates.
- We do not accept any court ordered community service
- Please review the description and restrictions above to help determine if our volunteer opportunity is the right fit. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application (click Apply Now above).
- After review of your application, a staff member will contact you to discuss the opportunity.
- Before becoming an official volunteer, you must sign a volunteer agreement and a waiver/release of liability.